View Single Post
Percules
Here we anticipate the upcoming series

Foundation has been announced by HBO, which is founded on the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov. This is great news. I can't wait, and this gives me a good reason to re-read Foundation before this series come out. For anyone who hasn't read it:

"The series is set on a remote planet called Terminus where mathematician and psychologist, Hari Seldon was exiled (for clarification purposes although he never physically makes it there) due to his ability to predict the crumbling of the Galactic Empire. On Terminus, a group do artists, academics and engineers attempt to start a new society and the series just jettisons off from there. It's really so much more than just this description and the series jumps ahead as Terminus grows and expands.
- HBO Will Make Asimov's Foundation With Interstellar's Jonathan Nolan

Star Trek has been announced and it is said to premiere in January 2017. It'll be written by the same dude, who wrote the newest Star Trek films, apparently. It might be alright.

"CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new Star Trek television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service."
- StarTrek.com

Onyx and Crake has been announced by Darren Aronofsky and HBO. It is based on Margaret Atwood's series Onyx and Crake. I haven't yet read this book series, but I have only heard good rumors from my friends, who said there was much suction/undertow/pull. Darren is known for Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, Black Swan, so that might be worth a while, if he directs, as it is hinted at this article.

These are few of the series I would like to see. What about you?